This blog provides show notes for our April 29, 2021 webinar, “Integrating Custom Visualizations in Bold BI.” The webinar is presented and hosted by Pravin Joshua D.
Bold BI supports custom widgets, allowing users to integrate their own visualizations to enhance their dashboards. In this webinar, we discuss the process of integrating a simple D3.js Venn diagram into Bold BI.
- Include new widgets that are currently not available in the Bold BI library.
- Anyone can create a custom visualization and include it in their Bold BI application.
- The visuals can be used by you, your organization, or a third party.
- Currently available only in Bold BI Embedded, which comes with a free Essential Studio license.
Types of integration
- Static integration using iframe.
- Deep integration using a custom widgets package.
- Integrate a custom visualization using an iframe in the RTE control.
- The dashboard designer has absolutely no control over the customization and data assigned.
- The custom visualization cannot interact with other widgets in the dashboard.
- Autorefresh can be performed using the refresh settings to update data.
- Integrate using custom a widgets package.
- The dashboard designer has complete control over the customizations and data assigned.
- The custom visualization can interact with other default widgets in the dashboard.
- The visualization can be shared and used by anyone in the application.
During this webinar we discussed the process of integrating a simple D3.js Venn diagram into Bold BI. We hope you enjoyed this webinar. Please keep an eye out for our future Bold BI webinars.
Recommended resources (related links):