Today we are excited to announce our latest product update, Bold BI v4.1, bringing important features, enhancements, and improvements. These major changes provide you a great visual experience in creating stunning dashboards with Bold BI. We’ll look at each of them in this blog post.
Data sources enhancements
- Connect Wistia, Slack, Zoho CRM, Elasticsearch ODBC, Microsoft Access ODBC with Bold BI using new, built-in connectors.
- Access SSH-enabled SQL data sources.
- Implement user impersonation for SQL Server and SSAS data sources.
- Hide the widgets panel in Designer.
- Pass a currently logged-in user identity like email and full name to a SQL data source query or live web data source connection.
Selecting data points
Select multiple data points in a chart.
Bing Maps enhancements
- Bubble shape type.
- A Bing map can act as a master.
- Set up the Bold BI application with a MySQL meta-database in Linux and Kubernetes.
- Publish a dashboard from any site to other sites using external site publishing.
- Utilize new username support.
- Make email optional while adding users to a Bold BI application.
- Track the scheduled run and refresh the data history from the application UI.
- Choose the default login option.
- Hide dashboard theming option.
- Update the site settings in Bold BI using a REST API.
- Publish a dashboard between Bold BI sites using a REST API.
- Customize SSO using JSON Web Tokens.
- Add additional site administrators in UMS.
- Copy the branding settings while creating new sites from UMS.
- Create new tenants with a REST API.
Trigger multiple export requests simultaneously from the Dashboard Viewer.
- Perform period-over-period comparison for date fields.
- Modify the start and end dates of the range date picker without reconfiguring the existing selection.
Data source improvements
- Fetch more records from the extract mode data source. The max row limit has been increased from 10 thousand to 10 million.
- Fixed issues during refresh that occurred when a column was removed in a data source.
- Fixed relative date filter issue in the conversion date column.
- Fixed week-year function that showed an incorrect year.
- Fixed issue in incremental data refresh for SQL extract data sources.
- Fixed to_char() expression issue in PostgreSQL data source.
- Fixed issue in content for extract mode limited data and incremental refresh issue.
- Fixed Concat expression issue in the oracle data source.
- Fixed bug in fetching newly added columns from SQL data source table.
- Fixed POP widget issue for renamed columns in Google BigQuery.
- Fixed issue in Oracle stored procedure for dashboard parameters and null parameters.
Diagnostic logs from UI
Site administrators can download diagnostic logs from the UI.
Site administrators can assign multiple-site access to users.
- Provide set default DB while connecting to a database.
- Connect to MySQL database without ODBC adaptor.
- Reduce the static file download size with GZip compression.
- Show warning message when dashboard used in slideshow or multi-tab dashboard gets deleted.
- Hide the dashboard theming option.
- Utilize improved responsiveness of the edit option in dashboard.
- Enjoy improved scheduling functionality.
- Auto stop schedules in the case of five or more consecutive failures. The schedule owners will be notified of failures.
- If you’ve installed the Bold Reports Enterprise installed in your machine, installing the latest Bold BI will break the existing Bold Reports login functionalities. To resolve this, please refer to the following documentation and apply the patch accordingly.
- The custom widget importing location has been changed to the version v4.1.36 for Windows and Linux environment. For more information, refer to the following link.
- If you have configured both Bold BI and Bold Reports in on a same machine, JWT SSO users will not be able login to Bold Reports.
Embedded BI enhancements
Embed pinboards seamlessly.
- Established an API to create a brand-new pinboard.
- Established an API to copy the existing pinboard.
- Established an API to delete pinboards.
Important note: You need to use the updated embed JS version, hosted in CDN.
We hope this post was helpful to you in learning about the new features and improvements in Bold BI On-Premise and Embedded v4.1. You can get a free 30-minute demo with our experts about creating dashboards and any other features you would like to learn more about in Bold BI. You can also contact us by submitting your questions through the Bold BI website or, if you already have an account, you can log in.